Sunday, December 23, 2012

‘Twas the Weekend Before Christmas

Miracle On 34th Street w'paper - christmas-movies PhotoOr should I say “It is the weekend before Christmas?” No matter, Hanukkah is over and Christmas is a couple of days away. At my place, that means my annual “Between the Holidays Party” (friends, neighbors, lots of food, and laughs), final touches to get ready for Christmas, and, most important….at least to me….watching holiday movies. I love watching old movies and wait every year to watch the holiday ones. One of my favorites is Miracle on 34th Street….the one with Natalie Wood, Maureen O’Hara, Edmund Gwenn, and John Payne. This scene is sweet and touching but I like the one where John Payne is helping Maureen O’Hara clean up the kitchen after dinner. He had a kitchen towel around his waist while she wore an apron. One like this:

Vintage Butterfly Hostess Apron

This is a hostess apron, though. She wore a work apron, not sheer, and full enough to cover those late 1940’s fashions. As for John Payne, I love seeing a man in the kitchen. Cooking, cleaning, especially cleaning.

Anyway, Have a happy holiday and take time to enjoy the moment. Have a hot chocolate, cup of coffee, or cup of tea with a friend. Remember what makes the holiday special. It’s not what goes under the tree that counts, it’s the people we spend time with. Create special moments in your life and in the lives of those you love.

Happy Holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment