Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Cathee’s Second Time Around

Be still my heart! A new consignment/second hand/thrift shop…and in my neighborhood! There’s nothing sadder than a store that closes leaving a gaping hole in the community so when the last one closed up I was heart broken. Think about it. Every store has the potential to provide work to at least 2-3 people, often more. Plus, it gives me a place to look, imagine, and play. This store does just that. It isn’t overwhelmed with so much you can’t walk. There’s no dank, musty smell (thank you), and it’s clean (yay, I can keep my gloves in my bag). The furniture ranges from 1930’s to the 80’s, all in good condition. Here’s a few pictures:

                

2012-12-08 14.06.13                     This rocking horse is possibly handmade, don’t know.

2012-12-08 14.06.35                    My grandmother had something like this, although not in the bamboo look. She called it a breakfront. I still don’t know if that’s what it’s really called. She used it to keep her fancy dishes in. This is a nice piece. Vintage look.

2012-12-08 14.06.54      Now, straight up, this isn’t my color but I like the chest. Great for storage and to use as a spare seat. 2012-12-08 14.07.06                                  Somebody made this….the wood is old. Very craftsmen.

2012-12-08 14.08.02  This is a honey. Probably from the 30’s. Full size, before queen and king size beds became popular. All wood…imagine that, no particle board/pressed stuff. Hmmm. 2012-12-08 14.08.38                     Now, you know I couldn’t pass up saying something about this cutie.   I spotted this little honey across the room. It’s gorgeous.

Well, if you come through Old Town, check out the store. The furniture changes all the time. Might be worth a look-see. Here’s the address….25811 SE Highway 19 Old Town, FL. They even have a Facebook page. Click HERE to get to the FB page and see their latest items.

No comments:

Post a Comment