Monday, October 3, 2011

Halloween Tote Bags

Let me start this story by saying I have a lot of fabric. Almost too much fabric for the amount of time I have to sew. Almost. Lucky for me I have lots of ideas, almost too many compared to the time in a day I can devote to creating. Almost. Just need focus, or so I say.

Well, I sat down to sew and make some things for the Heart of the Hammock Humane Society to sell when I saw some fabric I’ve had for a while. Nice, heavy weight fabric. I’ve used most of the fabric for other projects and kind of was tapped out of ideas except for now. I remember something I heard on the news about lead in the paints used to decorate those shopping bags they sell at the store. Love the bags (hate plastic, go green) but don’t like the idea of lead, even if I am not going to eat the bag, so I thought I would make my own totes. Here’s how they came out:

P1000551-2  P1000553-2P1000552-2

The fabric is orange and white, perfect for a harvest, fall bag. The little black cat faces add a touch of whimsy.

Post by Miss Eileen who’s just Goofing Off.

2 comments: