Monday, August 14, 2017

GoofingOff on a Shop Hop

Hi All! Yes, it's been a while but I'm back with lots to tell, things to share, and stuff to show. Before I get too crazy I've got to share my shop hop adventure with everyone. 

For those who've been on shop hops you know how much fun they can be. For those who haven't gone it's like this.....a big shopping trip with the girls where you don't have to drive, you are fed, and get to stay at a nice hotel. Definitely, worth going. Every shop has the nicest folks, discounts ranging from 20-50%, and demonstrations. 

I guess every shop hop has a name and ours was the Sisterhood of the Traveling Quilts. A beautiful quilt was specially made for the Hop to be raffled off at the end of the trip. 

Our shop hop started in Lake City with stops in Ocala, Dunedin, Plant City, Winter Garden, Lake Mary, Melbourne, New Smyrna Beach, and Jacksonville. Seven shops with a winery and chocolate factory, too. That's a lot of driving in 2 days. I am so glad I wasn't driving. 

I joined up the with group from Fabric Art in Lake City, FL. The store is a delight for the senses with beautiful fabrics everywhere....or so it seemed to me. They even had Judaic patterns....totally unexpected and yes, I bought a couple.  The patterns were designed by Rebecca Anderson. 


The patterns are for paper piecing. Not sure how I feel about that, though. hmmm....





















Everyone received swag bags with goodies....pens, flashlights, patterns, and most important, fabric. This luscious fat quarter was in my bag. 













If anyone is interested in the patterns I am sure the good folks at Fabric Art can help you out. Judaic patterns, even when they aren't called Judaic, are hard to find. Tell them you heard about the patterns from me. 
Here's the address and phone number:
Fabric Art
4136 W US Hwy 90
Lake City, FL 32055
386-755-0179

I will be posting more about the shop hop. There is so much more to tell. 




No comments:

Post a Comment