Thursday, August 25, 2016

The Beaded Bird

Happy, the Beaded Bird
Hi friends! It's been a while since I signed in but I just have to show my new work. I got a bit busy with things at home, like a diagnosis of breast cancer that took the wind out of my sails temporarily. Luckily the tumor was found during a routine mammogram and was very small. And double lucky for me because it didn't get to my lymph glands so I am doing a happy dance, albeit a dance with me holding the girls so they don't bounce while I dance. 
So, back to my new work. With all the doctor's visits and waiting rooms I thought I would need something to do. I took a crazy quilt class and that has lead me to all sorts of places. One place is making beaded bird ornaments.
The birds started as birds made from a recycled linen jacket found at the thrift shop. I love to re-purpose items and that sounded like the perfect thing for the jacket.....except the first birds looked like seals. Like throw me a fish seals and that wasn't what I was trying to do. 
After the birds sat around for a couple of years (yes, years), I looked at them again and took off the wings and started embroidering, then beading them. 

The first one was is cute so I started on another. 


Shalom Beaded Bird
Each bird is different, sort of "when the mood strikes" and "where the needle takes me." Shalom (which means Peace) is a WIP....work in progress. It's good to have them around. Takes my mind off things when I start to worry. 

Well, that's all for the moment. Got to finish Shalom. He needs a few beads. 
BTW, there is a sale going on at GoofingOff Sewing. All children's patterns are on sale. Next month starts the Costume Pattern Sale. Stop by early before someone grabs your faves at 30% off. 

Post by Eileen Patterson of GoofingOff Sewing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment