Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Food Fun for Halloween

Halloween has always been a challenge for me……not only what costume to wear or make but how to keep the fun in Halloween and control the amount of sugar in my house. When my daughter was little I made special Halloween candy and had fruit available but admittedly, the fruit was plain and no fun at all. Check out these easy to re-create ideas from the  Eat Smart blog. 
Vegetable skeleton....good for adults, too! A spooky take on the vegetable platter.
Vegetable skeleton….good for adults, too! A spooky take on the vegetable platter.
I love this guy! Great idea for the kids and grown-ups. Serve with salad dressing for dipping. Great for a Halloween party table.
Clementines are yummy and sweet. Great for the kids.
Clementines are yummy and sweet. Great for the kids.
There’s lots more to make and a thousand ways (or so it seems) to add sugar to the diet…..just the same, I don’t need to eat more sugar and having little ones jacked up on sugar isn’t my idea of a great time. Offering something healthy and yummy is a way to make a change.
Post by Eileen of GoofingOff Sewing….who cooks, too. The kitchen is just another place to Goof Off.
Create Magic With Every Stitch!

No comments:

Post a Comment