Thursday, June 18, 2015

Random Act of Kindness Challenge




It looks as if summer is upon us no matter what the calendar shows. 98 degrees with an index of over 100....in the shade. That's bad but real bad for those who have to stay outdoors. 
Today I stopped at the doc's....no biggie but the parking situation is difficult to say the least. The security guys were super nice....had a spot for me in seconds. I kept looking at them thinking about how they were dressed (boots, long pants) and how hot it must be for them. I thought of the job they do.....keeping me safe.....how unappreciated they are at times and  how nice they were despite the fact they were roasting in the heat.  I thought I needed to do something nice to let them know that at least one person appreciates their efforts.
When I left the office I stopped at the store and bought them big bottles of ice cold Powerade. They were pretty surprised when I brought it to them.....and grateful. The best part was the feeling I got from doing it. A random act that I didn't have to do, no one paid me to do it, no hurrahs or pats on the back. 

So, here's the challenge. Do an act of kindness for someone. It doesn't have to be big or expensive. Give a compliment. 
Open a door. 
Buy a meal. 
Pay it forward. 
The reward is wonderful. It doesn't cost much and the receiver carries the good feeling with them forever.....and so do you. 

Post by Eileen Patterson....who is GoofingOff

No comments:

Post a Comment