Thursday, September 4, 2014

What to Eat....There's a Menu on the Fridge

I got tired of it....coming home and, not sure what to eat, ordering out. Sound familiar? Throwing something together is not near as difficult as deciding WHAT to eat.....and that's where the hubby and I get stuck. You try to eat healthy and save a few bucks there goes your best intentions, out the window as you stop at the fast food window or order pizza for supper. Last week I had enough of the last minute "I didn't make anything? How about a Chinese night?" the day after the "I didn't make anything...we're having pizza tonight" calls and made a menu. More like a plan...like D-Day. Momma is cooking this week!

I found this blank calendar from Cegeon.com. Just print it, add your dinner ideas, and put it on the fridge. I took it a step further and added where the hubby could find the ingredients in our well-stocked but not always well-organized pantry and freezer. I even left open one night for a night out. 
Voila! It worked! The first week went so well the hubby and I sat down TOGETHER and planned the next week's menu. It was nice to have his input. It became OURS instead of mine. 
The menu can be printed for use or just use a piece of paper. Do it when you are not stressed for time. Remember what you have in your pantry or consider what you have to pick up to make the menu work. Keep it flexible...there will be times that delivery IS the best choice and that's OK. Every night of it is not. I don't want to be so close with the delivery kid that he thinks he is part of the family...not that I don't like him. Nothing personal. 

Take a little stress out of dinner time and every drop less of stress is welcome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment